In this article I create a Red Ombre Lips tutorial with Beauty Conspirator just for you to see for yourself how easy and satisfying it can be when you do it right!
Hello beauties, hope you are all having a sunny weekend, just like mine!
A week ago I asked you guys if you would like to collab on an aspect of my makeup routine and I was lucky enough to actually have people responding to my call.
Today I have done an ombre lips tutorial in different colors.
For this lip look you will need a base color and one or two darker lip liners, depending on how dramatic you want the ombre effect to be. I found that my current hair color does not look as good with dramatic dark lips, but I try my best so bare with me.
- Put on your base lipstick, mine is Adorable Matt by Essence. Don't worry about not getting it very neat, you will line over it anyway.
- Line your lips with the darker liner. This is where you should be precise.
- Fill in all the corners with the same lip liner.
- If you feel that the look is too soft, grab the darker lip liner and go half way through the first one. This will accentuate the lines and create the ombre effect.
- Press your lips gently into each other and the colors should blend in easily because of your creamy base.
Dark Contouring Yes or No
For myself I didn't really like the very dark contouring, I used to always do that when I was brunette, but this new hair is pretty pretentious.
So I just went with the red base and the middle color, which is actually the Soft Berry lip liner also from Essence.
I did have a shameless selfie gallery I have prepared for this post, but it got lost somewhere between my phone and here. Never mind, it might still be in my twitter feed.
I hope you enjoy it at least as much as the people passing by the street as I was taking pictures of myself.
Thank you everyone for reading, your support means a lot and you are a lovely person!
Stay tuned for next week's tutorial on ways to use cosmetics for that special beauty boost I know you all want to try. Have an amazing weekend, loves xx
[BACK TO TOP]
Posted on March 21, 2015 in Beauty | 20 Comments